Category: Champagne

28

Jun 2017

Pairing Extra-Brut Champagne

#champagne #wine and food

17

Oct 2015

Champagne vintage specificity

#champagne #white wine
Champagne vintage specificity

The majority of Champagne wines don’t show vintages on their labels. The following video explains this specificity in France.

Read more

4

Sep 2015

How to choose wine glasses?

#burgundy #champagne #dessert wines
How to choose wine glasses?

A huge range of wine glasses exist : different shapes and different sizes. They have a major impact in how wine tastes. Therefore, choosing the appropriate glass will enhance your drinking experience. You will find here some advice to help you choose the correct glass. Sparkling wines: They are best served in flute glasses. The long […]

Read more

10

Jul 2015

Understanding Rosé Champagne

Understanding Rosé Champagne

Now in mid-July, Rosé wine is everywhere on restaurant tables and storefronts in Paris. Rosé is increasingly fashionable and represents more than 25 % of the total wine sales in France. France is the first market for Rosé wines but this fashion is also extending everywhere in the world and Rosé Champagne is following this […]

Read more

29

Jun 2015

How to choose your wine in a French restaurant

#Beaujolais #Bordeaux #burgundy #Loire valley #pinot noir
How to choose your wine in a French restaurant

In most French restaurants, the wine list is categorised by French wine regions : the Loire valley, Burgundy, the Rhône valley, Bordeaux etc… Depending on the kind and style of wine you are looking for, knowing the basics of these different regions would be a great help. You will find below a few situations you might come […]

Read more

15

Jun 2015

Do the French know foreign wines?

#foreign wine
Do the French know foreign wines?

When in France, you might visit one or several wine shops, called “cavistes” in French, and buy a few bottles to enjoy back home. There, you will find wines from all the different French wine regions. You might also notice that the wine selection is at least 95% French! The remaining 5% is usually split over a few countries : […]

Read more

8

Jul 2014

Wines for giants ?

Wines for giants ?

Wines for giants ? Have you ever heard strange words like Jéroboam or Salmanazar ? Well, they are not magical formulae pronounced by some eccentric sommelier. You might have already seen these huge bottles of wine, standing up on the floor of wineries or raised in the air and opened by winners of sport tournaments. These strange words […]

Read more

16

Jun 2014

Our 10 best world cup wines

#white wine
Our 10 best world cup wines

We take the opportunity of the World Cup in Brazil to suggest delicious wines from 10 countries playing the games of this most popular event! 1 – Italy : « Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi », a dry and refreshing fruity white from the verdicchio grape. Perfect for warm summer time. 2 – USA : […]

Read more